My favorite thing to do after I went out to eat is to re-create the dish, especially if I like the food. I order this bowl of noodle soup on a cold day and after a long trip carrying out errands. It hit the spot just right, it was light enough to fill me, and simple to re-make.
Gather Your Ingredients to Make The Broth
- 2 pieces of chicken breasts or chicken bones, or pork neck bones
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 large onion
- 3 large carrots
Gather Your Ingredients
- Lemon/lime wedges
- Bean sprout, washed
- Fresh chive or green onion part, cut in 1 inch long
- 1/2 pound of baby cuttlefish. Cleaned and sliced in 1/2 thick across the body
- 15 medium raw shrimps. Shelved and cleaned
- Rice noodle, and egg noodle. Cooked according to direction
- 1 small onion. Chopped into small pieces and browned in a small pot
In a serving bowl, put the rice noodle on one side, and the egg noodle on the other side. Sprinkle some cooked brown onion, add green onion part or chive, then top with shredded chicken pieces, shrimp and cuttlefish.
Pour the broth over your noodle bowl, and serve with bean sprout, and squeeze of lemon/lime pieces.
- For lent, I only use vegetables to make the broth
- If you don't have egg noodle, rice noodle alone is just fine too
- Substitute seafood for thinly slice beef, or chicken pieces
Feast your eyes on other dishes at