I only have to cook for two people in my family, and my little boy is a picky eater. I confess to only cook about two or three times a week, since one of my meal is served as left over for the next day.
Yes, we live on a budget just like everybody else, and cooking at home is the best way to stay in control of my finance.
Gather Your Ingredients
- 1 package of cut up beef stew, cost about $4-$5 dollars
- 1 loaf of french bread
- A handful of baby carrots
- 2-3 celery stalks
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 stalk of green onion
- 1 small can of coconut milk
- 3-4 Tablespoons of mild curry powder
Cooking Your Stew
Fill a large pot with water, and combine yellow onion, celery, beef cubes, and carrots to simmer them out. Season it with salt and pepper. When the beef is tendered, add in curry powder and coconut milk. The broth should be a bit thickening after another 15 minutes. Discard celery and yellow onion as they are used for broth.
Sprinkle chopped green onion on top of your stew and serve with French bread.
- Add chopped sweet potatoes or potatoes for a heartier meal
- Toast up your bread for crunch to dip in the stew
Feast your eyes on other dishes at
Thanks for being here!