My family doesn't like to eat lots of meat. We have little portion to give us just enough protein, and chicken breasts are our favorite meat.
Below is my lightly breaded chicken breast, with different colors of sweet peppers and purple onion. I like to have rainbow colors of vegetables for my dinner.
Gather your ingredients
- Boneless, and skinless chicken breasts (one for each person)
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper (cut all the peppers into strips)
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 1 small sweet green pepper
- 1 small purple onion (cut it in rounds)
- Salt and black pepper
- In a small Ziplock bag, mix together enough all purpose flour to cover your chicken pieces, salt, black pepper, dried basil, dried chopped onion, garlic powder, with about a teaspoon of tapioca starch.
- Coat your chicken breast pieces well. In a frying pan heat up your cooking oil on medium low heat, about 2 tablespoons, just enough to cook the chicken, not deep fried them. Cover the chicken breasts to keep the moisture in.
- Flip the chicken breasts to the other side, add more oil if need it, and continue frying until they are cooked.
In a different pan, stir fry your sweet red, yellow, green pepper, and purple onion until tender. Set aside.
You can serve this dish with hot white rice, bake potatoes, or whatever your family likes to eat. Slice your chicken breasts into one inch strips before plating them.
- Affordable dinner
- Light and healthy meal
- Substitute chicken breasts for pork chops, or fish fillets
Feast your eyes on other dishes at, Food Trip Friday, Foodie Friday and Food on Fridays!
Thanks for being here!